Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fruit Roll-Up Cake

Happy, happy 3rd birthday to my sweetest kitchen sidekick, Lil' Dude!

This is a recipe for a birthday cake my Mama made me when I was young ... and I am baking it for you today! It's a unique recipe that sweet and fun- just like my birthday girl!

1 box cherry Fruit Roll-Ups
1 pkg. confetti angel food cake mix
1 C. water
1 C. chilled whipping cream
3 T. powdered sugar

Freeze two Fruit Roll-Ups at least 30 minutes.

Bake cake as directed and cool completely. Remove from pan, and split cake in half to make two even layers.
Tear remaining 6 Fruit Roll-Ups into pieces. Combine with water in saucepan- heat to boiling over medium-low heat. Boil 1 minute. Cool completely.

Place bottom cake layer cut side up on serving plate/platter. Spread with half the melted Roll-Ups mixture. Top with other cake layer. Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar together in chilled bowl. Add in remaining half of melted Roll-Ups mixture. Ice cake.

Tap frozen Fruit Roll-Ups on edge of counter to break into tiny pieces. Sprinkle on iced cake and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Then blow out THREE candles!

{LDM}

No comments:

Post a Comment