Saturday, January 16, 2010

Homemade Mac & Cheese

Mama's ultimate comfort food, I requested this the few times as an adult when your Grandma G. came to care for me after surgeries, illnesses, etc. Many homemade mac & cheese recipes call for eggs. Bread crumbs. Flour roux's. Smoked Gouda. Thick bacon. But not mine- this is as unfancy as it gets ... but I love it every time. I usually serve this with Hillshire's Farm ring bologna or kielbasa, which is one of your favorite eats.

1-16oz. box pasta- (I prefer large macaroni or shells) cooked al dente
2/3 C. milk
2 C. Velveeta, cubed
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Cook and drain pasta, return to pan on low heat. Let pasta water dry up. Add milk until warm, add Velveeta stirring constantly until creamy. Add mustard and pepper; serve immediately.

I eat mine with Lawry's seasoning salt on top- I have since forever!

{LDM}

No comments:

Post a Comment